We rented a sod cutter (not even knowing
what one looked like),
learned how to use it and went to work
Wes did a lot and Doug did more.
It was very hard to push this machine!
I took a shovel and cut the sod
into manageable lengths and then rolled them up
It was hard work!
We all hefted and hauled the sod
from the old spots to the new location
Doug is cutting the sod and creating a planter
around our tree in the front yard
we removed all the grass from here up to the house
to create an area for bushes and trees
Wes is placing the sod in the area next door
creating a "Joe Picket two-track" back to his shed
and a grassy area along the road in front of
his future pasture/corral area.
After a full day this is all we accomplished.
It's all cut but half of the sod didn't get moved.
We needed a young men service project to finish. :)
We are achy and tired but resting up for next weekend
when we hope to finish.
I'm not sure if I am looking forward to it.
Wow! That's about all I have to say! A lot of hard work I can tell. Great job! It's going to look great!
ReplyDelete