Monday, October 14, 2013

two weekends later---

Mini pumpkins from Aunt Jessica.
Last weekend was conference weekend,
with visiting family and watching conference
we didn't get as much done as the week before
however
Wes and Doug are cutting and clearing weeds
so we can move more sod.
Our newly cleared island
without mounded dirt, trees and bushes yet

during the week..
Doug cleared all the rest of the weeds!
He had 2 HUGE piles and I forgot to take a picture
before we burned them!
wet weeds = lots of smoke and FUN!

Doug and Lincoln loved burning the weeds
Here is Doug teaching his kids. :)
He really did teach them to NOT play with fire

Wes and Doug then leveled a few dirt areas
before we started laying sod again.
I did all the cutting and rolling
Doug and Misty hauled it away
then Wes and Doug placed it around the new island.
I think it's looking better.
 
Hauling all the old fencing home to Neola,
hoping to sell it   :)
What a weekend! We went to church in Deweyville
and stayed through Monday, Columbus Day
so we got quite a bit done.
Coming back home to Neola
what a beautiful place we have lived for 18 years

 
 

 

 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to see it in person, I'm having a hard time picturing it even with the pictures! Looks like hard work and that you've accomplished a lot. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were making a second island. Next time, I'll have to take a better look around!

    ReplyDelete