Wes wanted to go to an antique sale in Springville that started at 8:00am on Saturday. I thought - why not, but I was SOOO tired from this week at school that I didn't want to get up that early on Sat morning and drive from Neola! So, I thought, let's go camping at Strawberry, sleep in, have a great breakfast and make it to Springville by 9:00-- which we did.
It was a big antique sale! Lots of vendors with lots of stuff and we spent 4 hours looking and buying! I think we might have been a little crazy but it was a LOT of fun. We bought an old trunk similar to Doug and Misty's because we like theirs so well up on the ledge in their/our house :) Ours isn't as great as theirs or as big but it's cool.
This is a log we found while camping
with Taylor's name carved in it.
Wes really likes copper
milk bottles like others we have
we will probably fill them with
polished, colored rocks
old tea set that matches my stone wear
an old potato basket we filled with
Lake Tahoe large pinecones.
Our trunk
My brand NEW chair
I can't believe I bought a chair for my living room.
I love the sunflowers
Then we shopped at Pier 1. About this time - a tornado warning hit the Provo area and we had to all go to the back of the store away from the glass windows up front. It POURED rain and was quite the storm - ask Andrew who was on a bus heading to the stadium for the BYU game. (The game was delayed 2 hours due to the rain). Anyway, the Pier 1 store flooded! There was a stream of water covering the entire front of the store. It poured in the doors I guess. When we left the store, I took my shoes off and waded through the water to our truck. The parking lot was flooded! We got onto State street and cars were stalled in the middle of the road because the water was SO DEEP! It was amazing. I had never been in something like this. We were having a fun experience but for some it wasn't so fun.
Here are the flood pictures on State street
what a fun weekend we had,
shopping and camping in the rain. :)
I like some of the antiques you got A LOT! Thinking of all that water. It's just crazy! I liked looking at the pictures you took of it. By the time we drove up State Street, the water was mostly gone. Thanks goodness!
ReplyDelete