Saturday, July 5, 2014

Baltic Capitals Cruise - Day 15 IRELAND and USA

July 5
Limerick, Ireland
the view from our hotel room
Doug is driving again - so glad it's not me
 
stucco on the homes

 
The Rock of Cashel Castle


we have seen so many castle ruins and cathedrals
and ancient history sites
and roundabouts that are too many to count!

cutting back the greenery along the narrow roads

the Wicklow National Park  and
Glendalough


it has been such a scenic drive



now north to Dublin



St.Patrick's Cathedral
built in 1191


St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, Ireland


this is part of Dublin Castle


I bought a leprechaun and then,
walking along the cobblestone street,
I found a LUCKY 1c Pence on the ground!
(I will keep this penny from Ireland)

With plenty of time to spare - we headed to the airport
but the signs and streets in Dublin, and left-hand driving,
are crazy and we traveled in circles for an hour
before we found our way to the airport
We got to the check-in kiosk 1hr & 55min before
our flight but 5 min. too late for the kiosk.  There was
a VERY long line and we would miss our flight if we waited
so I asked a guard for help and he sent us to a desk and they
checked us in only to find our seats had been given to stand-by!
Doug and Misty could go but Wes and I would be given a
hotel and food $ etc. which was okay -- but then
they said they had "found" 4 seats
 The lady helping us said they were "good seats".
I guess it pays to be nice because she was very helpful.
 Turns out we flew from Dublin to Boston FIRST CLASS!
 
 
It was amazing!  We were offered champagne,
bottled water and fresh squeezed orange juice for us.



snacks

the food was amazing and FREE
the seats reclined and were comfy and
it was so much FUN!


dessert
 
we were given a toiletries bag with supplies
and a free WiFi internet Hotspot card
earphones... the perks were fun!

Ireland's bottled water

We arrived in Boston where our connecting flight was delayed
2 hours due to a big storm in Florida.

Finally we took off for Denver.
It's way past midnight in Ireland and we are tired
but it has been a GREAT adventure!
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Ireland looks awesome, I would like to go there someday. Your first class experience looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete