June 30 - Monday
TALLIN, ESTONIA
we are taking a bus tour
seeing all of Tallin, Estonia today
When we docked it was extremely foggy,
lots of ships in port
and you can't see very much.
We walked to the end of the pier to meet our bus
going thru a little gift shop.
Boar - Horse - Deer - Elk
jerky samples
I didn't try any but Wes tried the horse!
a Tallin balloon ride
modern Tallin
and old Tallin
mixed together
Flag of Estonia
a fire station
Kadriorg Park
the Swan Pond
built by Peter the Great
a very OLD building - for sale
a drive along the coastline
Estonian forest
their TV tower
Convent of St. Bridget
Laurie and Wes
at the Estonian Song Festival Grounds
outdoor amphitheater
Now we are driving into Old Town -
14th century architecture
on the hill above Lower Town
the ruling tower flag
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
(a KGB spy in the tower?) :)
I love the cobblestone roads
the Town Wall on Toompea Hill
a 10th century stronghold
Oleviste Church 1250
it was the tallest bldg. in the middle ages in Europe
we left our tour in Upper town and walked around
seeing the sights and wandering through the
narrow streets
A woman making spiced nuts
Yum!
View of Lower Town
climbing down the crooked stairs
Oleviste Church
back on board our ship
all the other ships are pulling out -
we are the last to leave the dock
look at the view!!!!
Tallin, Estonia
I enjoyed our day here
I bought an amber tree of good luck
and a ceramic Estonian house
my sunglasses and Wes' hat
Its insane to think just how old Europe is..... the history and buildings are just amazing! I love it :)
ReplyDeleteI love your Kinder Egg surprise and your towel animal. We didn't get that one either!
ReplyDelete