Monday, August 27, 2018

Quilting

My enjoyment for piecing quilt tops together started with a box of
 pre-cut squares of fabric that I inherited from my mom.  Some were even
sewn together into 4 square patches.  Some were ugly and some were interesting.
 I needed to figure out what to do with them.
This is the first quilt I made with the squares.
I made 1/2 square triangles out of a variety of colors.
I really love this quilt.  It was fun to make.
Some of the squares were already sewn into 4 square patches.
 I took 9 of those 4 squares and added 1/2 square triangles of purple fabric to them
to make 9 stars.  I finished the quilt using purple fabric from my mom's stash.
I gave this quilt to Jade after she turned 12 years old.

A friend suggested sorting the rest of the squares by color.  I had a lot of greens 
so I used them in the border pattern of this quilt.  I made the stars out of green stash fabric but
 the borders of squares are all the pre-cut from my mom's box.
I made this quilt for William when he turns 12.
This quilt is made with a group of blue pre-cut squares.  I decided to try
this lattice look piecing.  It was hard but I like it.  I also used leftover basketball fabric
that I had from a quilt made for Doug 25 years ago.
I made this quilt for Lincoln's 12th birthday.
A friend suggested this pattern idea which I adapted using my mom's
4 square patches that were already made and other squares and fabric that
I had from her stash. I made this quilt for Kinley's 12th birthday.

Heidi has been teaching her girls to sew.  Mayci made this quilt by herself!

Jade made this quilt by herself!

I bought a pattern book called Vintage Farm Girl and I made this wall hanging
for myself .  I love Sunflowers and I want to hang it during the summer and fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment