Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 7

                                       Our hotel was 1 block from the top of Lombard street.
                                             We got to drive down it which was Crazy!
       
We drove to Coit Tower

It was early in the morning and the views were amazing!




Checking out the strange/dirty restroom


                                                                  The Bay Bridge

heading towards Chinatown

the Dragon's Gate


driving in San Franciso is CRAZY!
Up and down and up and down
and you feel like you are hanging on to the edge of a cliff 
 
 We drove across the Golden Gate Bridge again to
Muir Woods. 
 
A peaceful, cool valley of BIG trees.
California Redwoods


a nice stream in the bottom

We took a two mile walk



I thought we were inside
 
 
 
 
really tall trees
 
 
smashed another penny in the gift shop
and bought a small handcarved "redwood" tree
 

 
we drove around trying to find the freeway
ended up in Salsalito
where we ate lunch at Grilly's
 
on the way to Sacramento
 

Sacramento, California




Donner Pass Memorial

Reno, Nevada



                                              
                                            We stayed the night at the Silver Legacy Hotel
                                                        and ate in the Flavors buffet.

 





2 comments:

  1. I am loving this post... I am glad I mentioned Muir Woods to you guys, now it makes me want to go even more! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did Lombard Street, Coit Tower, Chinatown and Muir Woods also. It was raining when we were at Muir Woods though so we didn't do the hike. :( At Coit Tower, the funny bathrooms were pay toilets. Did you pay to have a look inside? ;)

    ReplyDelete