A very tiny airport but the rental car was easy to get.
We are in Kansas City. Missouri!
B-B-Q is "famous" here so Andrew researched
the "best place" to eat and we met them at the
restaurant. Jessica and Andrew arrived in
Kansas City the night before us.
This really was a great place to eat!
I think this was the Best BBQ I have ever had!
After an amazing lunch - we drive West towards Kansas.
A Toll road, $2.75
Fort Riley, Kansas
Finally, we are on Post and seeing where
Sam, Heidi and the girls live!!
It was Jade's birthday but I had to bring a gift
for Mayci too!
American Girl books
and a baptism pillowcase.
$$$ for her American Girl doll.
Dancing with the Wii :)
Heidi baked this beautiful CTR cake.
Mayci
Sam and Jade
The Saunders Family
March 2014
Jade Allison Saunders (8)
Baptized, March 8, 2014
Mayci Rae Saunders (4)
Heidi had programs and a beautiful picture
of Jade in front of the Kansas City Temple.
Mayci helping with the prelude music.
Jade is baptized by her Dad
Jessica gave Jade a "baptism" towel
embroidered with purple thread.
So very happy to be here!
We explored the post and now know why
they love it in Kansas.
We got to see where Sam works.
Leaving Kansas - beautiful rolling hills.
Our rental car - a Buick.
Home to Utah after a GREAT 4 day weekend!
I'm glad we were able to meet up for an authentic barbecue lunch!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! I am excited for the rest of the pictures! I might have to get me some bbq when I go visit!
ReplyDelete