Saturday, July 20, 2019

MISSION - Vacation to visit Smith family!


We drove through Utah, Wyoming and Colorado


eating at fun different food places along the way.


Sunday we drove through Colorado, Kansas and part of Missiouri


stopping to eat at a Steak & Shake  (I had the shake!)


We had lots of rain but now an amazing rainbow!



Finally Arkansas, Tennesee and Mississippi



It took 3 days to drive 1600 miles!

Grandpa with Jameson in the afghan I made for him.

Jameson with his Grandma bear



Addison showing off

Will is loving his baby brother.
1st bath at home.  I get the honor!




We had a lot of fun this week playing with the kids. 
We also helped Leisa with her fix-up list for their new house.

We enjoyed shaved ice to help us with the intense heat in Mississippi.

I had SO MUCH FUN hugging this baby.

Their first home in Olive Branch Mississippi


Their home is only about 10 miles from Memphis

Unfortunately we are now heading back home.


crossing the Mississippi



From Mississippi, through a corner of Tennessee then across Arkansas.

The next day through Oklahoma, the top of Texas, through most of New Mexico
 into Colorado and then Utah.








Santa Fe, New Mexico






Abiquiu Lake




starting to look more like home.






We drove through Moab and looked at our old home.
Our house that used to be painted bright blue.
Didn't have a carport or a fence out front.




2 comments:

  1. That was such a great week having you visit.. time went too fast! And those pictures of the giants rocks are amazing.. I need to come visit and explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat that you saw our old house. I don't have any memories of Moab except from pictures.

    ReplyDelete