Thursday, May 23, 2019

MISSION - May


Wes came home with 3 more baby calves.



This month was the Sesquicentennial
of the joining of the railroads and driving
the Golden Spike in Box Elder County, Utah


We bought a commemorative medal as a keepsake.

The Golden Spike was re-enacted many times.

The Chinese workers played a large role.

There were lots of horses, buggies and wagons in the parade
from all counties in Utah.








Utah Ogden Missionaries with President Hobbins



I went to a quilt show for the celebration.





Wes and I attended a play written to
capture the history of our area
and performed in "The Barn".
Leisa wants to make a quilt for Will's 8th birthday and Baptism.
She designed the pattern and we are making the blocks together.


The blocks that I have made.
       

I also am creating a wall hanging for our camper.
not finished yet...

The Sisters baked cakes for all the missionaries last District Council meeting.

a yummy brownie name tag

Multi District Council group of young Elders and Sisters.


Kinley singing in her 4th grade Spring Concert


Kinley softball

Taylor's Kindergarten Graduation

Will's 1st Grade Spring photo

Lincoln's 6th Grade Graduation


Mayci's 3rd Grde Spring Concert.
She was also the "Jokester" in the program
Mayci loves soccer
Sam is HERO of the Game at a LaCrosse Loggers game! 

Jade's Spring band performance

Jade singing a solo in competition

Memorial day camping and the
campground website shows SNOW!
We went camping for Memorial day to the Uintah Mountains.
Had a flat tire on the way!





4-6 inches of snow when we got there and it was Cold!




It was still a fun time.

Andrew and Jessica and Andrew's parents came too.



Doug and Misty and family came up for the day and dinner
 but it was too cold and wet to camp in a tent.

We played games
Nixon splashing in puddles

Andrew helping Taylor with a snowman



Lincoln's bonfire

Kinley helped




The reservoir was lower than we had ever seen it!


stormy on the way home

helping Grandpa plant his garden





2 comments:

  1. I love that you're creating a wall hanging for your camper! I like this idea...It was fun camping in the snow for Memorial Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you finished the camping wall hanging??? I really want to see the finished product, its super cute!

    ReplyDelete