Monday, October 12, 2015

Trip to North Carolina and Virginia - Oct. 2015

We flew to Charlotte, North Carolina

The Wright Brothers are from No. Carolina


the airport had white rocking chairs everywhere!
I love this airport!


- then we caught a connecting flight to Fayetteville, No. Carolina.
it was raining hard after a hurricane in the area
and we had a very bumpy flight on a tiny, little airplane.
What an adventure though  :)

arriving in Fayetteville, North Carolina


our tiny airplane

We are here and Heidi and the kids met us at the airport.

playing games with my granddaughters
I LOVE this!

Watching October General Conference with the family
and sewing!!  so much fun!

Kanyon liked us pretty quickly
 
 
I sewed pajamas for Jade and Mayci's American Girl dolls
Mayci's has dogs on the shirt and Jade's is fabric
 from Addison's new baby blanket.

new Halloween pajamas from G&G
Hello Kitty for the girls and Ninja Turtles for Kanyon.
 
Between conference sessions we explored
the town of Stanford and went on a hike.
San Lee Park



it was pretty and peaceful

 

Mayci collected leaves

 





Kanyon seemed to like us  :)
we played all sorts of silly games to get him to smile.

ready for school on Monday

The Saunders new home in Sanford, North Carolina
 After the weekend in North Carolina with Heidi's family
we rented a car and drove to Virginia to see Leisa's family.

it was a nice drive and beautiful
Grandpa holding Addison for the first time!

Grandma is happy too!

Grandma, Grandpa and Addison
October 2015

cute!


Addison and her Grandma bear


 


Will in his Ninja Turtle Halloween pajamas

Addison's Halloween pajamas

 


I think Addison looks like Frankenstein

I played with Dale's birthday sand

outfit from her aunt, bow from Heidi, blanket from Grandma

playing games - might be my favorite time
 

 
Sam & Kanyon went to Utah to see his Dad
so Heidi and the girls drove up to see Addison and all of us
 the next weekend after school.

 
Jade getting to hold Addison for the first time.

we love these kids!

Mayci holding Addison for the first time


we dressed her in lots of fun clothes

On Saturday, we drove through Maryland

 and Pennsylvania
 over the Potomac River

 

 to Hershey, Pennsylvania



Heidi, Wes and I took the kids
leaving Leisa and Addison to rest for the day

we had SO MUCH FUN!

 


 




It was an informational ride and lots of fun!
the kids were so excited


explaining how chocolate is made

a smashed penny from Hershey World, Pennsylvania


 

 
 picturesque barn in Pennsylvania
starting to show Fall colors



back through West Virginia
 
 
the kids raked the leaves



and played in them
another day, we went for a walk through
Leisa and Dale's neighborhood
 

I am a California Tree-hugger?

this hike was interesting - we found a dollar stuck
on a tree branch up high
and wind chimes hanging in the trees

I thought about trying the berries
only to google them and realize they are poisonous!

this is the trail through the "woods"


 

Opequon Ave.

The Smith's new home in Winchester, Virginia

we explored their town a little
 
a very historical area
 
we went for walks with Will so Leisa could have a break

and tried to teach Will how to play miniature golf
 
 
I took lots of pictures




 

Addison with her Grandma bear sitting on her Grandmas' quilt...
Great Grandma Cole made the blocks and I, Grandma Heward,
sewed them together and quilted it for her.

 


 

 
 
 Time to fly home to Utah after visiting all 5 grandkids in the East  :(

Hard to get on a standby flight out of Washington.
After spending the night at the airport...
we made it to North Carolina again and met up with Dale
who also flew into Charlotte!!
He flew home and we FINALLY caught a flight to Phoenix, Arizona
and then Finally to Salt Lake City, Utah.  Took 2 days


 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you and Dale! What great memories!

    ReplyDelete